25 January 2013

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)


          Essential plut rundown:  A group of reporters investigate an ad about time travel posted by Aaron Eckhart.  This movie was inspired by a similar ad placed back in 1997.  So, that's kind of cool.  But it turns out the ad was faked by an employee of the magazine.  So, that kind of sucks.  But it makes for a good premise for a movie.

          Safety Not Guaranteed was a really good movie.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  The plot was interesting.  It kept me engaged and invested the entire time, waiting to see where it would go next.  And the characters were good.  All of them were likable and relatable.  The actors did an excellent job of bringing them to life.  It was also pretty funny.

          There were also a lot of really good quotes.  But, in particular, the quote at the end would have to be my favorite.  And speaking of endings, I liked how it ended; but I could easily see it ending it different ways.  And I wonder if they would have been better or worse.  But that doesn't matter, the ending worked good.

          And I also hated this movie.  It played at Sundance last year.  I went to Sundance last year.  And I went this year.  And neither one of the movies I saw were as good as this.  I need to find a better way of choosing the movies I go see.  But, that actually doesn't have anything to do with this movie.

          So, overall, this was a great movie.  Good everything.  It also had some good messages/themes.  I'm mad at myself for having seen it sooner.  I would recommend it to anyone.


     But that's just my opinion...




No comments:

Post a Comment