17 May 2012

Silent Hill (2006)


          Essential plot rundown:  A mother takes her adopted daughter to an abandoned ghost town to cure her sleepwalking.  I was expecting something entertaining and creepy, but that's not what I got.  Instead I got a...actually, I don't even know what I got; I think it was a movie though.

          This movie made no sense what so ever.  Nothing at all happened that resembled a coherent story or plot.  Then again, I have never played the games (on which this movie was based), but I shouldn't have too.  I was confused the whole time I was watching it.  Then, at the end, there is the traditional "I'll explain to the main character what really happened so the audience can know" scene but that didn't help at all.  From that scene, I understood this: *Spoilers* A little girl gets raped causing the radical religious group to burn her.  And this causes monsters to overrun the town at night. *End*.  So yea, absolutely nothing in this movie made sense.

          And, then to add injury to insult (or however the old proverb goes) nobody could act!  I didn't get a believable performance from anyone.  And the main character (played by Radha Mitchell) was the stupidest person ever.  Now, I know characters in horror movies always make stupid decisions, this she really takes the cake.  Nothing she did was logical.

          Interestingly enough, the best part of the movie was the score.  And if I understand correctly, that wasn't even made for the movie; it was taken from the game.  But a lot of the songs are really pretty and others are really creepy.  I thought the music was well done.

          Oh, the Pyramid Head character was cool looking too.

          Overall, this was a mess of a movie.  I'm just going to take a guess that it makes a lot more sense after playing the game.  But I haven't; so it doesn't.


     But that's just my opinion...




No comments:

Post a Comment