28 January 2012

LDS Film Festival

          Ok, so at the beginning of the semester, one of my teachers gave us a list of movie recommendations.  On this list was one called Unicorn City.  The reason for the recommendation:  he worked on it (though I can't remember how exactly).  So, I made a mental note to look for it whenever it got released.  Then, earlier this week, one of my friends invited me to go to the LDS Film Fest in Orem.  There's a LDS Film Festival?!?  Thats sweet.  I was like "I'm free Friday.  What's playing?".  So he read off the movies and Unicorn City was one of them.  Unicorn City?  Nice, I remembered that looking funny.  So I said 'Let's do this!'  (I didn't actually say that.  I just had him buy me a ticket.)

          So earlier today (well, technically yesterday, but who really cares?)  some friends and I headed over to the SCERA Theater to watch U.C.  When I got there I saw a sign that said "Saints and Soldiers: Airborne Creed poster signing."  They made a second Saints and Soldiers?  Nice.  And that's a sweet poster.  I want one.  I looked at my watch; movie starts in 10 minutes.  Look at the line; there's no way I'm going to make it through this line before the movie starts.  So it came down crucial decision:  watch the movie from the very beginning and not miss a thing -or- get a poster signed by the cast and crew and miss the first 20 minutes of U.C.?  I opted for the latter and ended up with these:


                  
    




          and this:


     
          Yea, that's David Nibley and Corbin Allred, two popular Mormon actors.  Needless to say I was pretty stoked.  As giddy as a school girl as some would say.  I did not even know this was going to be happening.  I wish I would have brought my own camera.  So after waiting in line for 20 minutes, I finally got my poster and into the theater to watch Unicorn City.  (More on that later.)  Afterwards, there was a short Q&A with the filmmakers, followed by a poster signing.  I got a poster signed by everyone and pics signed by Jaclyn Hales (who played Marsha) and Clint Vanderlinden (who was Rhubarb.)  I also got a signed poster for The Last Eagle Scout, even though I knew nothing about it.  Then I went home.  It was a blast.







     Watch these:


     Unicorn City trailer
     Saints and Soldiers: Airborne Creed trailer
     The Last Eagle Scout trailer




     But that's just my opinion...





No comments:

Post a Comment